Making our website accessible is a core aim of Visive Group and we will try and ensure that it is usable with a broad range of operating systems, browsers, and specialist assistive technologies.
As a standard, we employ all the following methods to ensure our site is accessible to as many people as possible:
- Our stylesheets allow for text resizing using the View - Text Size option in the browser toolbar.
- We are committed to Plain English in all our written content.
- Our site has been designed without the use of tables, except where we need to represent normally tabulated content such as timetables.
- The website can be navigated without the use of a mouse.
- A non-serif font is used for easier readability.
- We do not use all-capitals for emphasis.
- We use a hierarchy of heading markups i.e an <h1> tag for main headings, <h2> for secondary headings etc which makes it easier for screen readers to work out the stucture of a page.
- Our site can be viewed in a logical order when all styling is turned off.
If there is an instance when our site does not meet the need of a specific disabled user group we will make changes to our currrent content, wherever appropriate, so that we can become more inclusive to a wider audience. Please contact us if this is the case firstname.lastname@example.org.