Electro-Mechanical Development Engineer
Visive is a world leader in the design and manufacture of LED contour lighting products for the signage, retail and general lighting markets. Visive supply their standard Hi-Lite™ product to global blue-chip clients, as well as undertaking special projects to create custom lighting solutions for individual clients.
Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Development Engineer
Reporting to: Technical Director
Working alongside our Technical Director, you will play a pivotal role in developing our existing products and help to create the next generation of products, ensuring we continue in innovate and remain the world leader in LED contour lighting.
A key focus is to provide electro mechanical engineering input to the development of existing and new products. This will require Design and Prototype Development work including the build and test for physical prototypes. The role will require an understanding of PCB design, materials and performance as well as Engineering materials. The other key area is generating the necessary 2D and 3D CAD drawings and associated design documentation allowing a product to move from an engineering solution to a productised solution.
The role will require a ‘hands-on’ approach, with the ability to see engineering solutions through from concept to completion. Problem Solving skills are essential, as is the ability to work with minimum supervision. The incumbent should be creative and able to produce and understand CAD drawings, and other design software. Being positive, outgoing and pro-active are important characteristics, along with having the ability to work alongside other departmental staff to meet deadlines. Demonstrating excellent communication skills, and being able to interpret, understand and summarise customer feedback.
The Development Engineer will report to the Technical Director providing a resource for both design and build of prototypes which will include Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic components and assemblies.
Main Tasks of the Role
- Assist in developing existing products, identifying improvements in performance, reliability and where cost reductions could be realised;
- Ensure current products remain viable in respect to parts availability;
- Ensure improvements and modifications to existing products are controlled and approved correctly, maintaining UL approval where applicable;
- Creating 2D and 3D Cad drawings as required for both current and new products;
- Working with the Technical Director to design and develop new products ensuring they are suitable for production and comply with any applicable standards;
- Producing designs for bespoke products;
- Assist in achievement and management of Industry Standards and Accreditations;
- Make suggestions for new products – either suggested by customers or from observations of the market and trends;
- Provide Engineering input to new products being developed, taking ideas from the concept stage to being fit for purpose in the market;
- Attend internal meetings when required.
Knowledge / Experience
- Relevant Electronic, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering skills;
- Knowledge of Engineering materials;
- Understanding of field-based projects;
- Comfortable operating CAD and other design software;
Practical skills in both mechanical and electrical assembly;
- Creative Industrial Product Design capability;
- Confident telephone manner;
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills;
Good IT skills and a willingness to learn new systems and processes;
- Excellent oral and written information skills;
- Ability to be pro-active and work well in a team environment.
Please register your interest by following the instructions on the top-right of this page and we’ll be in touch to discuss your interest and application.